About Me

My photo
like sports, people, places and events plus a dose of national and local headlines and is also an article contributor for the Feast Binan Weekly Bulletin

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tech Tips: Wet Cellphone? Might want to try this

We are now living in a world where cellular phone is now considered a part of everyday life. In the Philippines alone, 1 out 2 Filipinos own or uses a cellular phone, translate that into numbers and that is around 75 million users. I myself have been using a cellular phone for almost 10 years now and the comfort and usability that it brings me is a very welcome sight. Though I’ve had my own share of problems with my phone, like busted LCD screen, no signal, and the ever popular scratches, however, I can’t remember any instance wherein my phone got soaked in pail full of water or even dropped it in a toilet bowl. However, if you happen to experience such problem, you might want to do the following: remove the battery and SIM card. Turning on your phones might short out the circuits and damage it more. Blow or suck the water out but do not use a hair dryer, the heat can fry the inside parts of your phone. You can also submerge it in a bowl of rice grains and leave it overnight.

I suggest that you be careful of your phone by not brining it to the toilet and leaving it close to the kitchen sink to avoid going thru such hassle and inconvenience.

To read the complete article, visit the link below courtesy of Popular Mechanics.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tips/4269047

No comments: