About Me

My photo
like sports, people, places and events plus a dose of national and local headlines and is also an article contributor for the Feast Binan Weekly Bulletin

Friday, March 20, 2009

Vacation? I don't think so...


Finally I am able to get away from emails, escalations and ahmnn agents...I don't think so...I am on the first day of my 2-day Vacation Leave thank god for TV and internet! kinda feeling a bit bored already, since I had nothing else to do, except of course tend to some house chores, and that is to look after the kids... Haven't been a father figure lately. Sad to say that it is just now that I am realizing all the things that I am missing out here at home. My kids are growing up so fast that its been almost 6 years already since I felt the joy of being a proud father for the first time. It's not that I am blaming my work for all of this missed opportunities, it is just that I feel like work has consumed me already that I ain't got the time to be with my family (figuratively and literaly) but that is the irony of life, we live to work and we have to work in order for us to live.

Being a good provider doesn't really mean that you are a good father. If you are taking your family for granted and brushing off aside small things that makes your life complete, then fatherhood is not complete.

My first day off from work made me realize things that I need to work on with my family, that is be a father to my kids and a husband to my wife...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel that you're not only a good provider to your family but a loving husband and father. It may not be seen often but it is always been surely felt by your family, and I surely knew that your wife and kids understand you that you're doing your best for them, and hey it's still not too late to catch up.


ciao

Anonymous said...

Being a father is the best thing that happened to me,I can't wait to see my 6 month old baby grow up, as good looking as me....

Ryan Belen said...

i hope that it is not that late... :) anyway just making the most out of what i currently have right now.

thanx

Anonymous said...

I understand how it feels like not being around that much with your children...I too have a 1yr old kid and I want to be around him all the time...Also I am trying my best to provide my family the support, both financialy and comfortness...

Anonymous said...

geeessshhh... stop kidding yourself.. the only thing you missed on your vacation is the GYM!!! $%#^#^%&$&