About Me

My photo
like sports, people, places and events plus a dose of national and local headlines and is also an article contributor for the Feast Binan Weekly Bulletin

Friday, December 24, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the Year

Christmas is just around the corner but I can't seem to feel the holiday season. What changed? I can still remember when I was growing up, I used to participate with some of my friends in doing rounds inside our subdivision to sing Christmas carols. Though most of the time we end up with "patatawarin" or "maaga pa para mag carol" it was okay, since we were just doing it for fun and we still have the following night to do it again... it was all pure fun.

How time have changed all of that, nowadays, I do not see kids going around singing carols during the Christmas season, none of all the buzz and feeling of "'tis the season".
I know that things might have changed with the way we celebrate Christmas, people may have different priorities now, and are more critical of how they celebrate Christmas, but let us not forget the one true reason why we are celebrating it, and that is to give thanks and praise for the birth of our lord Jesus Christ.

Have a blessed Christmas everyone!

No comments: